Saturday, July 09, 2005

Undue Guilt


©Copyright 2005 Jason J. Loya


This is my latest creation. It is a piece which took me in a new direction altogether. It contains over 600 feet of string and 6-7 entire large tubes of oil paint (white, unbleached white, and black only). It took about three months to complete as the layering of string and paint took care and precision. The appearance of this piece varies, depending on the angle, intensity, and type of light in which it is viewed. This creates a contrast between the smoother, lighter areas and the deeper areas of dark shadow...constricted, layered permanence... It is extraordinarily heavy for its size.


Oil, string, and newspaper on canvas with twine and charcoal powder

24"x30"

5 comments:

The Society of Gloves said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Society of Gloves said...

We've met before, haven't we? The two dimensional representation of your latest makes it an entirely different piece...I'm going to have to see it again in three dimensional glory. The fourth dimension (ironically) will have to wait.

Robyn Gorgos said...

uh best pieces..... not bets pieces...

Anonymous said...

Wow, this is really amazing. I can't believe I haven't seen it in person yet. I'm seriously impressed. I think this represents a new phase in your artisitc career. Now if those people who runs the Museum of Modern Art could figure it out...

Unknown said...

I disagree with Robyn. I think it is one of your bets pieces...st. This is my favorite piece you've done, I can't wait to see more like it.