Tuesday, January 04, 2005

Composition with Woman and Chair


Composition with Woman and Chair
oil on canvas
40" x 30"

This is an oil painting that I did in 2003 in honor of two of my greatest artistic influences. It is my own composition made from a combination of VanGogh's Chair with Pipe and Picasso's Femme Assise dans un Fauteuil Rouge (Woman in a Red Armchair). I created a collage out of pictures of the two great paintings and then copied the collage onto the canvas. I learned a lot by doing this piece: specifically, I had the opportunity to absorb the techniques of two great artists at the same time.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey! how cool that you can post images of your art! that's really exciting. and it looks great.
also, where'd the title of your page come from? you are not a writer of comic verse, are you?
--rebecca